Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
this is a time saving version of a classic
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced lengthwise, divided
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled, sliced, lengthwise
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- combine ricotta cheese, romano cheese, basil, oregano, parsley and pepper in a large bowl -- stir well --
- lightly spray a 13x9" baking dish with non stick spray.
- Layer in half of the following; zucchini, ricotta cheese mixture, eggplant, pasta sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering, ending, pasta sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- bake at 375* for 40 minutes.
- remove from oven and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- let stand 15 minutes before serving.