1/1 Photo of No-No Fourchettes Strawberry Sorbet
OK, put away your fourchettes, you'll want to savour this delicious sorbet using a spoon! Fragrant, seasonal strawberries frozen with that quintessential Italian liqueur - Sambucca! And, just in case you didn't know you were in Italy, the Fighting Fourchettes have added a sprinkling of sweet and pungent green basil throughout to make this sorbet the most visually spectacular and palate-pleasing of the Tour! As an aside, anyone on a low-fat diet will LOVE the very, very low count. :-)
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints fresh strawberries (or 24 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed)
- 1 1/4 cups simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 tablespoons sambuca romana
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh basil (NOT DRY)
For Simple Syrup
- 1Purée the strawberries with 1/4 cup of the simple sugar syrup in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the remaining syrup, Sambucca, lemon juice and minced basil; transfer to an ice-cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 2To make Simple Syrup: Place sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the sugar has dissolved, about 3-4 minutes. Cool to room temperature. The syrup can be used immediately or stored in a covered container until needed.
- 3To serve: Scoop out prettily into stemmed cocktail glasses and tuck in a sprig of basil to one side, and a curl of lemon peel on the other. If you like, you could add a splash of sambucca over top.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-No Fourchettes Strawberry Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: