Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
A fast fix that makes those veggies shine! Now that they make those bags of veggies that steam right in the bag this is so fast and easy yet looks and tastes special.
Top Review by ChefDLH
5stars. Excellent flavor. Made this for Christmas eve and they were so well liked. Delicious. The fresh beans and fresh lemon juice made it sheer perfection as a side dish. Thanks for posting Hope! Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 14 ounces frozen green beans or 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean green beans if using fresh. Steam green beans in the microwave or preferred method.
- Mix lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil together in the bowl you will be serving the veggies. (If you are using fresh lemon I like to add some of the zest to this as well).
- Add cooked green beans and fold to distribute the 'sauce' at the bottom.
- Sprinkle with parmesan if desired- kids like that part.