Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Your ordinary watergate salad that you love, but with a few modifications to satisfy the taste of those who aren't too fond of the marshmellows. Once you subtract the marshmellows from the salad there is not much left consistency wise. The flavors of the recipe don't change much, but it still tastes great..maybe better?! Top with some marchino cherries for an added taste.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup nuts (chopped or whole is optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for about two hours or until ready to serve.
- Top with cherries, or try some dred bananas to the mix and Enjoy!
This is a really good dessert salad. I wish the instructions had stated whether or not to drain the pineapple. I chose to drain it, and save the juice in case I needed to add it back. I ended up adding about 1/2 the juice back to make it a little creamier. Good salad, I will make this again! Made for 2009 March TOTM