Prep 5 mins
Cook 72 hrs
I remember making this recipe several times and it is very yummy. Adapted from a version found in an old issue of Quick Cooking. Makes a 1 1/2 pound size loaf.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry instant mashed potatoes (unprepared)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 -2 tablespoon additional bread flour, if needed
- 1 -2 tablespoon additional water, if needed
- Consult your bread machine manual and add liquid ingredients, dry ingredients and yeast separately in the order suggested by your manual.
- In my machine, I add the liquid ingredients, then the dry, then i make a small dent in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the yeast into that well.
- Bake bread using either the White Bread setting or Sweet Bread Setting.
- After your machine has been mixing the dough for 5 minutes, take a peek inside -- if the dough looks too dry, add 1-2 Tbsp of water, if too wet, add 1-2 Tbsp more flour (this will only be necessary sometimes, and will be based on the humidity of the day).