Recipe by yogi
So easy! Delicious sweet & sour tomato sauce poured over microwaved cabbage wedges. Very low-cal, too.
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
This was wonderful! The sauce has kind of a sweet-sour taste. I used curry powder instead of ginger (couldn't find my jar) and I inadvertently ran out of bell pepper, so my sauce was just a tiny bit different. I stir-fried my cabbage instead of microwaving, and still everything tasted fantastic! Thanks for another yummy veggie recipe, yogi!
- 1 small cabbage, cut in 4 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage and 1/4 cup water in 3 quarts microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high 12 to 14 minutes or till tender.
- Drain any excess water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in frying pan and add carrots, celery and pepper.
- Cook till tender.
- Add garlic, onions and ginger and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
- Heat to boiling, then simmer on med-low about 5 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mix over cabbage.
- Cover and microwave on high 2 minutes.