Recipe by Lori Mama
My sister in-law made this on one of our visits with her. The kids really love this and there are never any leftovers.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
We loved, loved, loved this dip. I made it into as directed using 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning. My cottage cheese was fat/free and small curd. I forgot the green onion, and just added chopped sweet Wala onions instead. Since I have a love-affair with cottage cheese anyway, this was a perfect meal for us. I had some homemade whole wheat tortillas that I cooked, but any tortilla chip would work perfectly here. This is a keeper for us, and one that I can see being used over and over again. Thank you so much Lori! *Everyday is a Holiday* February 2009.
- 1 (500 ml) container cottage cheese (I use low fat)
- 1⁄2-1 envelope elpaso taco seasoning (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion, to taste
- 2 chopped tomatoes, if you like them
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix as much taco seasoning as your taste allows in with the cottage cheese.
- i find the entire package is much to salty.
- Spread on a small serving platter or 9" pie plate.
- Cover entire surface with lettuce, then cheese, onions and tomatoes.
- Use tortilia chips for scooping.
- Serve right away as the lettuce will go limp if left too long.
- This recipe can be doubled to suit your party needs.