Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe. You can make it as is for a side dish or it's good enough to be a stand-alone meal, just increase the ingredients and add some bread or rice to compliment it. You can add your own favorite veggies and meat as well. My sister loves to add mushrooms to hers, and we like to add yellow and red bell peppers to ours, so feel free to experiment! That's what I really love about this recipe, it's simple, but so easy to add and it just keeps getting better!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (more or less to taste, I also usually add two cloves galic, sliced to mine)
- 1 potato, diced (you can peel if you prefer, but I leave the skin on)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (24 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained (either plain or flavored if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh if you have it, dried is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, undrained tomatoes, basil, sugar, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Easy and tasty - what more could you ask for??? Thanks!