Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy apple spice pie. This recipe is my modification of a 1989 Vegetarian Times recipe. I serve it every Thanksgiving.
- In saucepan, mix apples, raisins, sugar, water, orange peel and juice.
- Cover and simmer until the apples are very soft, 15 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, spices, and extract. Simmer another 2-5 minutes.
- Pour slightly cooled mixture into crust in 9 inch pan. Layout or lattice second crust over mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 450°F.
the store was out of mincemeat filling so decided to find a recipe and make my own. This is the best filling ever! will never buy mincemeat filling again! New family favorite!