1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by an almost vegetarian friend. You can easily add shredded chicken, beef, fish or cooked scrambled egg. I included the recipe for fish sauce, but you could easily use the commercially available kind. This dish is a treat for anyone who likes spicy and/or thai food. Prep. time includes marinating
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 anchovy fillets (well rinsed and drained)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 package extra firm silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 12 ounces flat rice noodles (or fettucine noodles for a less authentic but good alternative)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, strips
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped peanuts, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1To make fish sauce: mash anchovies with one clove of garlic and soya sauce.
- 2Combine fish sauce with worcestershire, sugar, and lime juice in a bowl.
- 3Add tofu and marinate for one hour at room temperature or up to 8 hours in fridge.
- 4Drain tofu, reserving marinade.
- 5Cook noodles and set aside.
- 6Heat oil in wok and add garlic, onions, and red pepper.
- 7Sauté for 2-3 minutes on med-high heat then add hot pepper, tofu and 1 tbsp peanuts.
- 8Stir fry 2-3 minutes more and add sprouts and noodles.
- 9Heat through.
- 10Add cilantro, remaining peanuts, chili just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Meat, Lotsa Heat Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 665.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
firm silken tofu