Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
My Sil gave me this recipe years ago and it's always a hit. Sometimes I add more spices and more cheese than the recipe calls for.. Served with a salad, garlic toast you can't go wrong.. Also You can use cheddar or colby cheese whatever your preference is.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packagegrated cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- Saute chopped green pepper, onion in margarine or butter until soft.
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Grease a casserole dish well and put drained spaghetti, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, tomato soup, tomato sauce and grated cheese in casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for one hour.
My whole family loved this baked spaghetti and no one missed the meat at all. Made puppitypup's Recipe #184769 to served along side and we all enjoyed a great meal. I used one medium onion and green pepper with about 1 teaspoon of butter to saute. Had some shredded mozzarella in the fridge so used that instead of the cheddar cheese. I did add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cooked the spaghetti until just tender since it had to bake for an hour. The cheese melted and browned into a nice crust and the spaghetti was baked perfectly. Great flavor and I much prefer this over regular spaghetti on the stove now. Thank you for posting your SIL's recipe sweetie, we sure did enjoy!!
This was really good and economical too!!!!! I added some Italian seasoning to the sauce. I also used roasted red peppers, cuz I was out of fresh. Thanks faith!
This was so good and reminded me of a dish my mom use to make. It may have been my oven but my was done after 35-40 minutes so keep that in mind. Super easy and great as leftovers too. I will defintely make again.