Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
My Sil gave me this recipe years ago and it's always a hit. Sometimes I add more spices and more cheese than the recipe calls for.. Served with a salad, garlic toast you can't go wrong.. Also You can use cheddar or colby cheese whatever your preference is.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packagegrated cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- Saute chopped green pepper, onion in margarine or butter until soft.
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Grease a casserole dish well and put drained spaghetti, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, tomato soup, tomato sauce and grated cheese in casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for one hour.
My whole family loved this baked spaghetti and no one missed the meat at all. Made puppitypup's Garlic Bread Supreme to served along side and we all enjoyed a great meal. I used one medium onion and green pepper with about 1 teaspoon of butter to saute. Had some shredded mozzarella in the fridge so used that instead of the cheddar cheese. I did add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cooked the spaghetti until just tender since it had to bake for an hour. The cheese melted and browned into a nice crust and the spaghetti was baked perfectly. Great flavor and I much prefer this over regular spaghetti on the stove now. Thank you for posting your SIL's recipe sweetie, we sure did enjoy!!
This was really good and economical too!!!!! I added some Italian seasoning to the sauce. I also used roasted red peppers, cuz I was out of fresh. Thanks faith!
This was so good and reminded me of a dish my mom use to make. It may have been my oven but my was done after 35-40 minutes so keep that in mind. Super easy and great as leftovers too. I will defintely make again.