Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family LOVES this dish. And its so easily customizable for smaller or larger groups, vegetarians or carnivores, veggie lovers etc. Honestly, it is simple and a good dinner when you just don't want to cook, but don't want to order out either. you're basically dumping everything together in a dish and its delicious! I didn't get it from anywhere, I just made it up and it was a hit. Servings vary on the size you cut the servings to, some people like really big portions!
- 1 (16 ounce) box ziti pasta, with lines (uncooked, whatever standard size is for all, the zaar asked but I didn"t know)
- 1 (16 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (your favorite, standard size large can )
- 16 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese (approx. use to taste)
- Turn oven onto 350. Get out 13x9 pan.
- Add uncooked ziti, you can also add a pound of cooked meat such as ground beef or some italian sausage if you want. I like it better vegetarian. Then add the can of sauce and one can full of water. Stir a little to mix sauce and water somewhat. (Try to not leave any pasta uncovered, it gets hard. Sprinke with cheese or lay slices of mozarella on top.
- Bake for 45-1:15 minutes, depending on your region and your oven. Its ready when the past is soft, usually 50 mins for me. You could also used cooked ziti and just warm the ingredients together, but I have not done this. I like to let them bake and meld together longer. Great w/ salad.
Absolutely delicious! My family loved it. I added in some smoked sausage links (cut into rings) and topped with mushrooms. Turned out perfect!