Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe while experimenting with different ingredients in tuna salad. It is pretty low-fat for the most part, and healthy. I say that it's low fat for the most part because you can use regular ingredients, or low-fat-whatever suits your tastes. I just like it because it has no mayo-I dislike it very much.
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
You could also add
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice tomatoes
- You can add different amounts of sour cream and mustard to adjust for however moist you like it, and the flavor. I would start out with the amounts above, and go from there.
- Empty the tuna into a bowl for mixing.
- Add the sour cream and mustard.
- Adjust the amounts for your taste. Add more mustard for zest, more sour cream for moisture.
- Add the salt and pepper, and relish and cayenne if you wish.
- Put lettuce, tomatoes, etc. to your liking.
- Once you have it just right, toss it on your bread of choice, and throw some potato chips on the side. :). This is also good on crackers for parties!