Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and very simple, basic potato salad. Great for picnics or outdoor gatherings because there is no mayo to spoil in the heat or sun. This recipe comes from an "e-zine" for recipes that I receive each week by email.
- 6 large potatoes
- 3 -4 scallions
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes, or peel them if you don't like skins.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes and cook in boiling water about 15 minutes or until almost starting to fall apart.
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice the spring onions very finely, including the green part.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a bowl.
- While they're still hot, pour in the olive oil and mix well.
- They should start to loose their shape a bit- this is the secret of this salad!
- Add the spring onions, vinegar, salt and black pepper.
- Taste as you go along and adjust the amounts of salt, pepper, vinegar and oil to your taste.
- Leave to cool; chill if you wish, and serve.
I subbed minced red onions for the scallions and it was a terrific salad. A handful of chopped parsley is not a bad idea either!
Quick, easy and very delicious salad! I used this as a side dish and it was wonderful. I have made this recipe twice and would make it again because we all enjoyed it. The directions were so easy to follow and the recipe was very yummy. Thank you Kozmic Blues