Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An alternative to icky mayonnaise.
- 4 red potatoes, small
- 2 new potatoes, large
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, lowfat
- 1 pickle, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Wash potatoes and chop into bite size pieces. Boil until soft.
- Sprinkle with pickle brine and chill in fridge.
- Boil, chill and dice eggs.
- Add pickle, green onion, peas, carrot, egg, salt and pepper to potatoes, toss. Mix in sour cream.
- Garnish with salt and pepper, and optional paprika and/or fresh dill.