Recipe by Chef jessica
This is a potato salad made without mayo!This is better if made the night before it is to be served.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very good salad. The sour cream does however make a bit too moist. Will cut down on that the next time. Used dried dill cause that is what I had on hand. Will try to get hold of fresh dill as that is so much more fragrant. This will certainly be made again. Thanks for posting.
- 7 cups new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped (or equivalent in dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (Gulden's is what I use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 green onion, sliced thin with tops
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook till tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then chill till cold thru.
- In medium bowl, combine sour cream, dill, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over completely cold potatoes and toss gently. Chill for a couple of hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Garnish with sliced green onions before serving.