1/1 Photo of No-mayo Blt Salad
I love BLTs, but hate mayo. This is my summer solution to that problem. This salad is extremely simple, and depends upon the quality of ingredients, so use only the best and freshest available!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79-453.59 g maple bacon, reserve grease
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 day old baguette, cubed
- basil, chiffonade
- 1Combine lettuces, tomatoes and onions in large salad bowl; set aside.
- 2Mix together all vinaigrette ingredients; if desired (and you're feeling very Southern), add a drizzle of bacon grease in place of some of the olive oil.
- 3Cook bacon on stovetop until nicely crisped; set aside on a paper-towel covered plate to drain.
- 4Meanwhile, take a little of the bacon grease and place in another pan over medium heat.
- 5Add cubed bread and toast until brown on all sides.
- 6Crumble bacon over salad, add the croutons and the vinaigrette, and toss well.
- 7Garnish with basil, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-mayo Blt Salad
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.7
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1153.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g