Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
From Today Parents. This is more like a frozen chocolate mouse and very easy to do.
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, coarsely chopped, can use Fryers too
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, i use brown
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- Measure chocolate, sugar, gelatin and vanilla into the container of a blender or food processor.
- Heat the milk until steaming hot but not boiling.
- Pour the milk into the blender or processor, let sit for about 30 sec.
- Blend until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until cold and slightly thickened.
- When chocolate mixture is cold, remove it from the fridge. Beat with and electric mixer until it lightens slightly. 1-2 minute.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until softly whipped
- Then fold gently into the chocolate mixture with a spatula until no longer streaky.
- Transfer everything to a covered container and freeze for 2-3 h or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and let soften for a few min before serving.