Recipe by Bergy
This recipe may be BBQ'd or grilled in the oven.If you like spicy food add a Jalapeno pepper to the dipping sauce. It can be served over rice as a main meat dish. Put meat over the rice and drizzle the sauce over it.For appetizers serve a cube on a toothpick with the sauce on the side This recipe will make 4 main course servings or 32 appetizers
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Heavenly! The flavours of the lemon, garlic and herbs are fantastic and the lemon juice really tenderizes the pork. I made this with 2 tenderloins left whole, which made it even easier, but next time I will try it with the meat cubed and skewered. Wonderful recipe, Bergy!
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (trim off any fat and cut into 3/4-inch cubes or smaller for appetizers)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt or 1 1⁄2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Oil, lemon juice, oregano, pepper, rosemary and garlic.
- Place pork in non metallic container and pour marinade over the cubed meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or over night.
- Combine the Yogurt,green onions, parsley & tomato. Place in fridge ready to serve with the kebobs.
- Skewer the meat loosely place skewers on baking sheet baste with marinade.
- For appetizers place cubes on a foil lined cookie sheet (not skewered) (recommend oven for cooking appetizers 400- 20 minutes)pour the marinade over the cubes.
- Now you may BBQ or grill the skewers in 400 degrees F oven.
- Baste several times while cooking
- Serve the yogurt sauce on the side at the table.
- For the appetizers when cooked Skewer meat cubes with a toothpick and serve with the Yogurt dipping sauce.