Recipe by Catte Nappe
This is a very tasty Reuben style sandwich for the kraut averse; and since it is broiled open faced very nice things happen to the cheese. Use enough cheese so that the slices cover most of the bread base. We like this with a potato or celery soup. For a really quick supper there is always the canned variety, but I recommend Creamless Celery Potato Soup #73194
Top Review by Wildflour
This was FANTASTIC!! I can't even stand the smell of sauerkraut, so this was a GEM of a find!! And the sauce was out of this WORLD good!!! Thank you so much!! :)Made for the Spring 2009 PAC game. :)
- 4 slices rye bread
- 8 ounces sliced corned beef
- 4 -8 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place rye bread on a baking sheet. Spread with the very lightest amount of butter or margerine.
- Place sliced corned beef on bread, and top with sliced swiss cheese.
- Spread dressing over the top, stopping about 1/2 inch from the edge of the sandwich.
- Broil until cheese melts and dressing bubbles.