1/4 Photos of No Knead Italian Rustic Bread - Recipe Has been Corrected!
3 hrs 45 mins
THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN CORRECTED! Please ignore the low ratings and give it a try. My apologies to those whose tried this recipe and failed. This method produces a ciabatta like texture with a wonderful crust. Nutri Flour Blend is a blend of white flour and wheat bran. Experiment with different blends - the result should be a light, holey, rustic style loaf. You will need at least 18 hours before this bread can be baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I like to prepare this with my Kitchenaid dough hook.
- 2Place flour, salt, sugar and yeast in the mixer bowl. Add the water.
- 3Using the dough hook and the "stir" setting on the mixer allow the dry and wet ingredients to come together (this should take a minute) until all the flour is incorporated. You can do this with a wooden spoon or spatula just as effectively.
- 4Cover the bowl with a towel and rest in a warm place for 12 to 18 hours. It will double in size, bubble and long gluten strands will form.
- 5Lightly flour your hands and the work surface then remove the dough from the bowl. Quickly form it into a ball.
- 6Thoroughly flour a cotton towel and rest the dough on it. Cover it with another floured cotton towel.
- 7You may also rest the dough on a non-stick ‘Silpat’ mat and cover it with just one towel. Rest the dough a second time. In 2 to 3 hours it will rise again and double in size once more.
- 8A half an hour or so before the dough is ready preheat your oven to 450 degrees. You may use cast-iron, steel, enamel or ceramic.
- 9When the dough has fully risen slide your hand under the towel and quickly invert the delicate dough into the hot pot. Shake the pot a bit to settle it then place the lid on the pot and start baking.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes with the lid then remove it and bake for 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Knead Italian Rustic Bread - Recipe Has been Corrected!
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g