Recipe by Singin'Chef
A yeast recipe with a no-fail attitude! Great to serve with chili or soup. Change up the type of cheese(s) you use to suit the meal! I like to take "minis" to gatherings - they take less time to bake by 2 or 3 minutes so watch carefully! (Original recipe found in a Beta Sigma Phi sorority cookbook, Food In the Fast Lane.) Preparation time does not include rise time. Using regular yeast will increase rise time. Be sure to add it with the warm water and sugar.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in large bowl with sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in butter (until melted) and egg.
- Whisk in 1 1/4°C flour, instant yeast, and salt until smooth.
- Stir in remaining 1°C flour and cheese until fully incorporated.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven, 400 degrees; spray muffins tin(s) for 12 "rolls".
- Divide dough as evenly as possible.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes; begin checking at 13 minutes.
- Cool slightly before attempting to remove or dump out on racks.
- No one will want to wait for them to cool before eating!