1/1 Photo of No-Knead Cheese Burger Buns
Everyone loves the ease of no-knead yeast breads. This version calls for you to beat all the ingredients in a mixing bowl for just 2 minutes. From there, it's an easy path to these big, soft, cheese-scented buns, perfect for hamburgers from King Arthur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, optional but tasty
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 2/3-3/4 cup lukewarm water (Use the greater amount of liquid in winter or in drier climates, the lesser amount in summer, or in )
- 1Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed, using an electric mixer, for 2 minutes. To use your bread machine, put everything in the bucket, and let the dough go through its dough or manual cycle; skip to step 3 below if you're using a bread machine.
- 2Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl or rising bucket, cover it, and let it rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until it's noticeably puffy.
- 3Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 6 pieces; each will be about 111g, a scant 4 ounces.
- 4Shape the dough into balls, and place them in the wells of a lightly greased hamburger bun pan. If you don't have a bun pan, space them on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 5Gently flatten the buns with your hand to fill the bottom of the pan's wells, or until they're about 3 1/2" to 4" wide.
- 6Cover the buns, and let them rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until they're noticeably puffy. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F
- 7Brush each bun with some of the melted butter.
- 8Bake the buns for about 20 minutes, until they're a light, golden brown, and their interior temperature is at least 200°F, measured with an instant-read thermometer.
- 9Remove the buns from the oven, transfer them to a rack, and brush with the remaining melted butter. Allow the buns to cool completely, then store airtight at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Knead Cheese Burger Buns
Serving Size: 1 (696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 528.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g