Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Recipe found on the internet.
Make and share this No Knead Batter Dinner Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Pour water into large mixing bowl, add yeast and let stand a few minutes.
- Stir to dissolve and add half the flour, sugar, salt, softened shortening and egg.
- Mix on medium speed of mixer for about 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add rest of flour and stir in by hand.
- Cover bowl and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Grease 18 large muffin cups.
- Stir batter and spoon into muffin cups, filling 1/2 full.
- Let rise in warm place until batter reaches top of muffin cups, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
I'm so disappointed, but glad I tried these before Thanksgiving next week. They don't have that yeast flavor at all. Also being baked in a muffin pan creates more of a "crusty" exterior. I prefer a soft and fluffy roll. Even the inside texture was different. I don't have a clue to what kind of rolls all the other people were using for comparison. I think I'll do the old school and form each roll.
I needed a quick bread recipe for Thanksgiving dinner but didn't want it to be too time-consuming to prepare. This recipe fit the bill. The end results were delicious. I'll be making this rolls again. Thanks for sharing.
I impressed my family by making these for Sunday dinner. They were easy and tasty; Since then I have used this recipe for mini loaves and they love it that way too.