This is a delicious and easy recipe. My Aunt makes it every year for Christmas. It is easy and very very addicting. Make sure you have a large container for mixing and storage! Enjoy!!
- Heat brown sugar, butter, and syrup on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in the baking soda and vanilla and dissolve.
- In a separate large bowl mix the puff corn and the stove mixture.
- Pour on a large cookie sheet.
- Put in a 250 degree oven for 10 minute.
- Stir it and bake for another 10 minute.
- Stir one more time and bake for another 10 minute.
- Pour it onto wax paper and let it cool.
- Pull apart if needed and enjoy!
great addition to the holiday cookie tray. loved the caramel taste without using much butter
This has become one of my 'specialities' that everyone asks me to bring all the time. I even brought some to a community concert event and a deaf little boy befriended me for it. He would run by me and ask for more in sigh lanuage and then take off running with the other children. Before long I had kids of all ages coming up asking for some. It was the highlight of the evening to me. The boy's mom emailed me the next day asking for the recipe so she could make it for the family on a regular basis. I have also used it to candy almonds using almond extract. WOW is it fantastic too!! Thank you so much for sharing such an easy recipe!!!
This was fantastic. So fresh. The kids can't wait to have it again. I could get very addicted to this stuff. Made for Favorites in 2008 tag game, recommended by 2Bleu!