This is real salsa. Don't let the jalapeños scare you off it adds the perfect amount of heat. (If you like fire roasted salsas simply add 7 oz. can of chipotle peppers. It's optional.)
- Boil romas until the skins start to pop, or are easily removed.
- Chop onion, jalapeños, set aside.
- Roast poblano on grill or burner ( for a hint of smokiness).
- In a large blender add canned tomatoes first then all other ingredients.
- Pulse blend to desired consistency.
Very tasty! Tasted the way a good restaurant salsa would. Fairly spicy, with the heat really depending on your jalapenos. Ours came out at about 6 out of 10 on the heat. Nice balance of flavors with the other ingredients. Made for PAC Spring 2008 L~S