Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a crock-pot recipe that also cuts down on fat.
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes, halved (8 oz.)
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- chopped cilantro (granish)
- Whish coconut milk, flour, and curry paste in a 3 1/2 quart or large slow-cooker. Stir in vegetables except peas; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas, cover and let sit 5 minutes. Serve with rice; garnish with cilantro.
What I liked the most about this recipe was how easy it was to make. Especially since I was lazy and bought diced butternut and cauliflower florets from the store already cut. It is also pretty healthy, yields a lot, and has a good proportion of sauce. However, we found the finished version pretty bland for our tastes. Before serving, I added more curry paste. This did not help. We ended up adding a significant amount of salt and pepper, Madras curry powder, garam masala, and ground coriander before it met with our approval. Then, it was pretty good.
Easy, delicious AND healthy! It doesn't get any better than that. I cut this recipe out of a magazine and have made it several times. I was glad to find it here so I won't be looking for it again! We thought it was even better the second day, reheated. Love this recipe! Thanks for sharing!