Recipe by Honeybeee
Very authentic....very easy. This goes very well with rice or chapathis/parathas. Try it and surprise your family and guests!
- 750 g lamb or 750 g mutton, from shoulder,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 inch ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, shredded
- 2 onions, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 250 ml yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced and fried crisp
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients, except those meant for garnishing, in a heavy pan.
- Cover tightly and simmer until the meat is tender- approx 1 hour.
- Check seasonings and garnish with fried onions and fresh corriander leaves.
- Serve with potato chapatis/parathas# 40735, or rice.