Recipe by A la Carte
This is directly from the Hungry Girl website: "Juicy-on-the-inside, crunchy-on-the-outside chicken breast complete with melt-y cheese and warm tomato sauce?!? Now that's the kind of meal we'd gladly sink our teeth into on a daily basis if it weren't so notoriously high in fat and calories! Fortunately for everyone, HG's tackled the task of whipping up a crazy-good guilt-free version of this classic chicken dish." Thought I'd post for all the WW and calorie counting folks!
Top Review by maggiemay1107
I make this recipie all the time! except I use whole wheat bread crumbs and add seasonings (garlic powder, paprika, italian seasoning, and onion powder) to the bread crumbs. YUM!
- 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (raw)
- 1⁄3 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, Original**
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup canned tomato sauce
- garlic powder (optional)
- basil (optional)
- oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add parmesan to crumbs (if desired, season crumbs with optional spices, as well).
- Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another.
- Next, pound your chicken so it's a bit flattened.
- Coat raw chicken on both sides with Egg Beaters, and then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of chicken and place in oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn chicken over. Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 10 - 12 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked and coating looks crispy).
- Meanwhile, if desired, mix tomato sauce with your seasonings of choice.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with sauce and then cheese, and return chicken to oven until cheese is melted.