Per the Galloping Gourmet (Graham Kerr) this makes a thick rich sauce and he's right on with this description. The sauce thickens well, with a nice gloss and remains pourable even when chilled. I've made numerous batches of this recipe to dip strawberries and orange slices and to top that boring fat-free frozen yogurt. Truth be know, I often sneak a spoonful straight-up while browsing the fridge. ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular, granular kind not packets
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk (low fat, not condensed milk!)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (cinnamon & raspberry chips are good also)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a small saucepan, whisk together the cocoa, coffee crystals, Splenda and salt.
- 2Gradually add the milk and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- 3Simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- 6Store in the refrigerator. (Store? Is he kidding? I eat it right out of the pan, with a spoon!).
- 7* Serving size = 1 tablespoon.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Guilt Hot Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% evaporated milk