1/1 Photo of No-Grain Tabbouli
I am getting off grains, and therefore am coming up with no-grain recipes. If you wish, you could add a little cooked, drained quinoa, or try soaking the quinoa instead of cooking. I use about 12-15 parts parsley to 1 part mint. The amounts are approximate and should be adjusted to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped (or used dried mint from an organic peppermint teabag)
- 1 -2 tomato, finely diced (fresh and ripe)
- 1/2-1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ground allspice
- flax seed oil
- fresh lemon juice
- celtic salt
- 1Place everything in a salad bowl and toss gently.
- 2Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 3Chill for at least one hour to blend the flavors.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Grain Tabbouli
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g