Recipe by Tarynne
My mom's friend Marlene taught us how to make these when I was a kid. Taquitos have always been a favorite of mine and These are so easy to whip up.
Top Review by Karen From Colorado
I used some leftover shredded roast beef I had in the freezer, added some diced green chilies, a touch of garlic, chili powder and cumin and served as you suggested with guacamole. Wonderful and very easy recipe. Thank you Tarynne
- 1 (12 ounce) canlibby's roast beef in gravy or 1 lb leftover roast beef
- 8 -12 corn tortillas or 8 -12 flour tortillas
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain gravy from roast beef.
- Set aside.
- Fork shred the roast beef.
- Add just enough gravy to moisten. (Too soupy and it will splatter when frying).
- Heat tortillas (4 at a time) in microwave to soften. About 1 minute.
- Place approx 1 1/2 tablespoons of roast beef in center of tortilla (in a line).
- Fold tortilla over and roll to resemble a cigar.
- Fasten together with a toothpick(I found this makes it less likely to come undone when frying).
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a frying pan.
- To fry, place tortilla seam side down in hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Turn over and fry other side.
- Remove to a plate that has been cover with a paper towel to absorb oil.
- Remove toothpicks and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with your favorite guacamole.