Recipe by Jazz Lover
From Quick Cooking
Top Review by Gingerbear
This was so good and the meat turned out melt in your mouth tender. I added 2 cans of tomato rice soup since the meat was a little over 3 lbs. I used tenderized angus stew meat cut into chunks. I also added about a cupof mushrooms because I was making something else too and had a cup of mushrooms left over and did not want them to go to waste. After everything was done I added about a half cup of flour water to the crockpot to thicken the juices and it paractically came out like a thick and chunky soup. Since it is just the 2 of us we decided to also make this on Christmas instead of a huge dinner. Perfect wintertime recipe as well. Great recipe and a definite keeper. Thank you for posting it. :-)
- 3 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato rice soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain.
- Transfer to a slow-cooker.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard the bay leaf before serving.
- Thicken coooking juices if desired.