Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was given to my mother many years ago and it still remains a favorite with family and friends. I've shared it with so many, so figured it was time I shared it with all of you. It's very easy, and the simple ingredients are pretty much pantry staples. This recipe makes 1 cup of sauce, but it's very easy to double the recipe. Wonderful on any chicken, pork, beef, seafood or rice dish. Any leftover sauce stores well covered in the fridge, but I rarely keep it very long, since we always find something to use it on or dunk in it, LOL.
- In a small saucepan, add the catsup, sugar, water, vinegar, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Stir well to blend and place over medium-high heat.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small dish and whisk, making sure there are no lumps.
- Just before sauce mixture comes to a full boil, whisk cornstarch and water again and slowly add to the sauce.
- Continue to heat and stir until sauce thickens.