Recipe by yooper
I found this in a Pillsbury "slow cooker" cookbook. Made these last Sunday and they were very tasty. A hashbrown casserole with a Mexican flair!
Top Review by Tebo
Took this to a potluck last night. By the time I got to it there was not much left. By the time I left the potluck the crockpot was empty!! So I guess this was good!! Sure nice and easy to make. Thanks Yooper
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen southern-style cubed hash brown potatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed nacho chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 4 to 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, chiles, and cheese, mix well.
- Arrange half of potatoes in sprayed slow cooker.
- Top with half of sour cream mixture; spread evenly.
- Top with remaining potatoes and sour cream mixture; spread evenly.
- Cover, cook on high setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle top with onions and chips.