This recipe comes from an Ocean Mist Farms card that my mom saved for years without trying before I discovered it. Enjoy as it is or scoop out the fuzzy choke center to use the baked artichoke as an edible bowl filled with stew or dip.
- Rinse and trim the artichoke, cutting the stem off straight so that the artichoke can stand up on it's own without tipping over.
- Spread artichoke petals open as far as possible without snapping.
- Between the petals: squeeze lemon juice, drizzle olive oil and broth and stuff garlic. Sprinkle the top of the artichoke with sea salt.
- Tightly double wrap and seal the artichoke with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place artichoke, making sure that it is standing up straight so the liquid doesn't come out (I put them packed together in a baking dish) in a pre-heated 425 oven and bake (medium-sized for 60 minutes, large for 90 minutes).
- Remove from oven and remove wrapping.