1/5 Photos of "no Fuss" Easy Baked Artichokes
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe comes from an Ocean Mist Farms card that my mom saved for years without trying before I discovered it. Enjoy as it is or scoop out the fuzzy choke center to use the baked artichoke as an edible bowl filled with stew or dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and trim the artichoke, cutting the stem off straight so that the artichoke can stand up on it's own without tipping over.
- 2Spread artichoke petals open as far as possible without snapping.
- 3Between the petals: squeeze lemon juice, drizzle olive oil and broth and stuff garlic. Sprinkle the top of the artichoke with sea salt.
- 4Tightly double wrap and seal the artichoke with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 5Place artichoke, making sure that it is standing up straight so the liquid doesn't come out (I put them packed together in a baking dish) in a pre-heated 425 oven and bake (medium-sized for 60 minutes, large for 90 minutes).
- 6Remove from oven and remove wrapping.
Browse Our Top Artichoke Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "no Fuss" Easy Baked Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1399.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g