Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This on is a crowd pleaser and extra easy to make!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups flour (add more if it's too moist)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips until well blended.
- On a baking sheet place a ball of dough 2 inches between each other.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 8-10 minutes.
This is such an amazingly good cookie! I used all brown sugar instead of using white sugar, and ended up needing about 1 3/4 cups of flour -- used Ultragrain flour, which is whole wheat but it is light and fine like white flour. My kids adored these cookies, and DH said "feel free to make these any time you want." Thanks!