Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This decadent dessert is simple and delicious, and I promise you won't even taste the tofu! I save this for special occasions and serve it in a small wine glass or dessert cup, but it would also do well in a pie shell of your choice.
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces whipped topping (1/2 regular tub Cool Whip)
- Melt chocolate chips however you like-- I like the microwave; set aside& let cool if necessary.
- Whiz up the tofu in the blender along with vanilla and salt, then add melted chocolate and blend until well combined.
- Fold in whipped topping by hand.
- Divide into serving dishes (or pour into baked& cooled pie shell).
- Refrigerate until set- I'm guessing on the setting time of 30 minutes because I've never timed it.
Delicious and easy! What more can you say? Thanks! Reviewed for the Veg*n Recipe Swap.
Mmm--mmm-mmm!!! I was in the mood for something chocolately (which is 90% of the time) and had some silken tofu, so I tried this recipe. I used only 6 oz. of chocolate chips (trying to count calories) and it was still very rich and flavorful. This was truly no-fuss and makes an elegant dessert. Thanks Linorama!
Oh My. This is extremely chocolatey! I even added a whole tub of cool whip like someone had suggested. It is very good, and no one would guess from the texture or taste that there's tofu in it. It's really RICH though, so next time I'll use a milk chocolate, or less chocolate altogether.