Recipe by Chef 313014
I got this off the back of a package of ground chicken and thought this was good. The best part is you don't have to boil the noodles!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (700 ml) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10 -12 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown the ground chicken with a bit of oil and season with salt and pepper, approx 10 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and red pepper; set aside (chicken sauce).
- In a medium bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spread 2 cups of chicken sauce over bottom of greased baking dish; arrange a layer of noodles over sauce and press into sauce; spread entire cheese mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese; add another layer of chicken sauce and noodles (press noodles lightly into sauce) top with remaining chicken sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top and return to oven until cheese melts.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.