Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Yes another chocolate chip cookie recipe, BUT this is the only recipe I can actually make and they are soo ooey chewy!! I love them! The recipe came from the back of a Blue Bonnet stick butter box . So Easy.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml butter, melt & cool
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine meltled and cooled butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 1/2 inches between each. Bake at 350 F for 9-11 minutes or until edges harden and centers are still soft.
I had a craving the other night for some chocolate chip cookies, but soon realized that i did not have any shortening. I looked on line for a recipe that did not require shortening, and came across this one. I mixed everything the way the recipe said to. I have been baking for a long time, so i know i measured accurately. This has to be the WORST recipe ever! I got a big bowl of crumbs. I guess I could have tweaked the recipe or added something to make it less dry, but after trying to even make a ball out of this dust, I tossed the whole bowl. I will never trust an online recipe again because of this post. Warning cookie lovers.....this is either a joke or someone has never baked a thing in their life. Sorry.....
I'm sorry to give this a 2 star rating but I had a few problems with the cookies and they didn't taste as I expected they would. The dough was very crumbly so I was not able to 'drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet.' I had to hand form each one. To me, using all brown sugar gave the cookie a caramel taste so it tasted more like a cookie with chocolate chips, rather than a chocolate chip cookie. It is a different taste than a toll house cookie or one of the Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie clones.
This is a fair basic chocolate chip cookie recipe but unfortunately somewhere in your measurements something is wrong as the dough is extremely dry and very crumbly. There is no way you can make a cookie out of the original measurements. To save the dough I added one egg white and then the dough was workable. They still bake up in mounds - no spreading at all and still are a bit crumbly/dry. I'm sorry this just did not work as well as expected. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag.