Recipe by daggle
Yes another chocolate chip cookie recipe, BUT this is the only recipe I can actually make and they are soo ooey chewy!! I love them! The recipe came from the back of a Blue Bonnet stick butter box . So Easy.
Top Review by reneerichard
I had a craving the other night for some chocolate chip cookies, but soon realized that i did not have any shortening. I looked on line for a recipe that did not require shortening, and came across this one. I mixed everything the way the recipe said to. I have been baking for a long time, so i know i measured accurately. This has to be the WORST recipe ever! I got a big bowl of crumbs. I guess I could have tweaked the recipe or added something to make it less dry, but after trying to even make a ball out of this dust, I tossed the whole bowl. I will never trust an online recipe again because of this post. Warning cookie lovers.....this is either a joke or someone has never baked a thing in their life. Sorry.....
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melt & cool
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine meltled and cooled butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 1/2 inches between each. Bake at 350 F for 9-11 minutes or until edges harden and centers are still soft.