- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon butter (or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat slow cooker with vegetable oil spray. Add rice, butter and salt to prepared slow cooker then stir in boiling water. Cover and cook unil rice is tender, about 2 hours on high.
- Fluff rice with fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drape towel over the top of slow cooker, cover with lid and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: After the rice is cooked, this dish does not hold well on warm setting.