Recipe by akgrown
Impressive,yet simple salad for a large group. Could also be reduced. From BH&G Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar (kerns canned apricot nectar)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, snipped
- 6 ripe bartlett pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 10 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 2 cups radicchio, finely shredded
- 8 -10 ounces blue cheese, cut into wedges
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For Dressing, in a very large bowl wisk together apricot nectar, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, dried apricots, and scallions. Add pears and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, 30 mins to 3 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, place greens on a very large platter. Sprinkle with shredded radicchio. Use a slotted spoon to remove pear wedges from dressing; place pears on radicchio, reserving vinaigrette.
- Arrange cheese wedges on salad, and sprinkle almonds over all. Drizzle with reserved dressing or pass dressing with salad.