Recipe by QueenQT26
Another Chet's Recipe - low-fat, low-sodium alternative to corn chips. I would suggest dipping in salsa or guacamole!! Yummy!
Top Review by BettyBoop330
I give this a 5 for a great idea, but in practice, it was harder than I expected. At this high temperature, you must be vigilant at all times so that the chips don't burn. I have a gas oven, which heats from the bottom, so the chips don't show when they're getting too brown. I ruined 1 tortilla, but the rest were very good. I tried a few variations, but my favorite was sprinkled with a little salt and chili powder. Will make again and try to perfect my method.
- 1 (12 ounce) package 10-inch corn tortillas or 1 (12 ounce) package 10-inch flour tortillas
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Immerse tortillas one at a time in water. Let drain briefly, then lay flat.
- If desired, sprinkle tops lightly with salt.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 to 8 wedges.
- Cover a nonstick baking sheet with a single layer of tortilla wedges, salt side up. Place close together but do not overlap.
- Bake in a 500 F oven for 4 minutes. Turn with a spatula; then continue to bake until golden brown and crisp, an additional 3 minutes for corn tortillas and 1 minute for flour tortillas.
- (Store in an airtight bag until ready to serve.).