Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
All the flavors of a fresh chicken stir-fry with none of the heat. From www.RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 garlic clove
- 44.37 ml tamari
- 29.58 ml Chinese duck sauce or 29.58 ml honey
- 44.37 ml peanut oil or 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped or 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into small matchsticks
- 1 small bunch radish, thinly sliced
- 1 small head napa cabbage or 1 small romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced into half moons
- 4-5 celery ribs, from the heart thinly sliced
- 4-5 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro
- 453.59 g deli-sliced chicken breasts, chopped or 473.18 ml store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 118.29 ml toasted slivered almonds or 118.29 ml whole almond, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the inside of a large mixing bowl with the clove of garlic and discard whatever is left.
- Add the tamari, a hearty splash of water (about 3 tablespoons, just eyeball it), duck sauce or honey and oil to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the jalapenos, water chestnuts or jicama, radishes, cabbage or lettuce, cucumber, celery, scallions, cilantro and chicken to the bowl and toss well to combine with the dressing.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds and serve.