Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oven-baked onion rings with the flavor and crunch of traditional deep-fried onion rings
- pam olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F Cover 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; spray evenly with cooking spray.
- 2. Separate onion slices into rings. Dip into milk, then into the flour, turning to evenly coat both sides of each onion ring. Dip coated onion rings in egg whites, then into cornflake crumbs, again turning to evenly coat both sides of each onion ring. Place in single layer on prepared baking sheets; spray evenly with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until onions are tender and golden brown.
Not bad for being so low in fat but still a bit bland. I think next time I make them I will add some garlic powder and cayenne pepper to the flour to give try and boost the flavor.