Recipe by MrsMM
This is a waistline friendly version of eggplant parm that I concocted. We really like it. It's nothing fancy, but it sure hits the spot, minus many of the calories. Additionally, it's an easy dish to do, perfect for a weeknight or even a make-ahead type of meal. What I do is assemble it in the morning before work, and then DH pops it in the oven when he gets home. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs eggplants, sliced into 3/4-inch thick slices, skin on
- 2 cups your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, arrange eggplant slices in a single layer.
- Spray the top of eggplant slices.
- Bake on center rack for 25 minutes
- In a 9x9 inch dish, layer eggplant slices, topped with sauce, topped with cheese. Repeat.
- You will probably get about 3 layers. End with cheese topping.
- At this point, you can cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake, OR:.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread, or over pasta, or use as sandwich filling.