Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
like this version
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (26 ounce) jar light pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well.
- In 13x9 inch glass baking dish, arrange chicken, bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken: then top with cheese, bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Fast, easy, delicious. I cut the recipe in half, used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts and cut the baking time back to 20 minutes total. Also used recipe #144655 for the sauce.
Perfecto! I used egg white instead of the whole egg to further reduce the fat. The chicken was really moist and it's a great lowfat recipe for my diet arsenal. Thanks!
Really easy and inexpensive to put together. Chicken remains moist and the cheese gets a great texture. Highly recommended!