Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are the perfect snack for kids. My mom and I frequently make them when we are taking supper to people. They resemble a mix between brownies and cupcakes.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- Melt butter, chocolate and sugar over low heat. Heat until just boiling. Stir in nuts until coated.
- Mix remaining ingredients with melted ones in a large bowl.
- Bake in muffin tins at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- They will not test done as they are suppose to be slightly chewy.
Autumn 2006 PAC: Oh my goodnes these were good. I used them to "treat" my little kids Sunday School class and the adult Sunday School class and they were gobbled down in a hurry. The density is good and the chocolate is great! We will definitely be making these again and again! THANK YOU RACHEL!!